Let’s face it. Being sick during the holidays is the worst. I spent the majority of my day in bed today watching “The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants” and drinking tea. Believe me, it’s not as good as it sounds.
Feeling under the weather is never fun, but there are ways to turn an uncomfortable sick day into a day filled with relaxation.
When the credits are over and you can’t take any more stimulation, I find listening to some quiet music is a great way to unplug from everything so your body can heal. Don’t get me wrong, I love watching movies. And although I won’t admit this to my Mom, watching movies does not help with a headache.
I’ve put together a list of 15 of my go-to songs when I need to recharge and relax. So grab yourself a hot cup of tea, your favourite blanket and rest your eyes for a minute.
- One Voice by The Wailin’ Jennys
- Free Fallin’ (Live) by John Mayer
- Lego House by Ed Sheeran
- Let Me In by Gabrielle Aplin
- Poison & Wine by The Civil Wars
- Dear Friends by Elbow
- Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran
- I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz
- Realize by Colbie Caillat
- Little Things/The Warm by Jake Feeney
- Wish You Well by Justin Hines
- Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
- Home by Michael Buble
- I Will Fall by Clare Bowen and Sam Palladino (Nashville Cast)
- Eggshells by Rachel Sermanni
What is your favourite sick day song?
Best wishes in the new year!