Yesterday was the most beautiful day we have had in a long time. I went outside in a light jacket and didn’t freeze to death! The sky was perfectly blue, the sun felt warm and even the air was sweet smelling and fresh. It was so nice that we biked to the grocery store before dinner to grab a few things and bought fresh flowers to bring the spring vibes inside!
But when I woke up this morning… there was snow on the ground. Are you kidding, Halifax?! Get your act together!
I spent the better half of the morning struggling to write an essay whilst daydreaming about all the wonderful things I want to do this summer.
- Explore the many beaches around Halifax
- Spend hours getting lost in antique stores and flea markets
- Foster a greyhound!
- Spend time with friends at a cottage
- Have a picnic at Peggy’s Cove
- Hike to various lighthouses in Nova Scotia
- Learn to use a sewing machine – and do some DIY’s
- Explore Nova Scotia – I really want to go back to Lunenburg and visit friends in Pictou
- Go see a baseball game with friends! Go Blue Jays!
- Start curating a capsule wardrobe
- Play more music – write songs, practice guitar, and go through my old piano books
- Spent more time unplugged – I want to dedicate myself to a summer reading challenge
- Take a trip to Nashville with Adam and my Dad
- Go on a roadtrip with my Mom and find a beach on the coast of Georgia
These are just a few things I’ve been dreaming about the past few days. I’ve also made a list of some goals I have for the summer that I may share as well. A lot of my goals are blogging related, so stay tuned! I have a lot more content coming your way.
What is on your summer bucket list?
PS: Thank you for all the support on my Just be kind post. I am so grateful for the lovely people in my life. You guys inspire me to be my best self, and keep me strong!