I don’t know why I enjoy writing these quick little updates each week, but there is something about sitting down and picking out the good moments that makes me feel like I accomplished something!
1. Blanket Fort! After I made the blanket fort last week I couldn’t bear to take it down… So I moved it out of the way a little bit, added some reinforcement and some more fairy lights and kept it up. It’s nice to go up there and read a little bit, or watch some netflix. I know, I know… I’m such a child. But I mean common! It’s a blanket fort!
2. Crafternoon! I spent the entire day painting and finishing up some DIY projects that I had been working on for a little while and I’m really happy with how they turned out! I took tons of pictures and will be sharing all of my projects on the blog over the next few weeks. I think my favourite out of all of them is the painted globe that I shared on Tuesday.
3. Reading! Ever since the school year ended, I’ve been trying to read more books for fun. So far I have flown through “Girl Online” and “Girl Online: On Tour” by Zoe Sugg, and “The Lovely Bones”. I’ve also started reading “GirlBoss” by Sophia Amoruso. My next book is “The Martian” by Andy Weir. I’ve been logging all my books on Goodreads if you’d like to see what else I’m reading.
4. Business Cards! I ordered business cards a little while ago from Vistaprint and they finally came in this week! I felt so official when I opened the box and saw Sincerely, Rowan written out with all my contact information.
5. Cupcakes! Adam and I have been trying to eat healthy for the past few weeks, but I made oreo cupcakes for my cousin and they were so good! I made a simple vanilla cupcake with an oreo baked in the bottom topped with vanilla buttercream and oreo shavings. They were so delicious and totally not healthy but we definitely enjoyed them!
How was your week?