Between a trip to Nashville and travelling back home to Halifax, this week was definitely busy! I know, I know… I totally say that every week. But! You may have noticed a bit of radio silence on my part… I chose not to post on Sunday and Tuesday because I wanted to spend the last few days hanging out with my family instead of being glued to my computer. I’m happy I made that decision because I feel like our last days were so much better.
- Nashville! On Saturday morning, my Dad, Bella, Adam and I jumped in the car and made our way to Music City! We had a lovely afternoon walking around the city, taking a peek into the many many bars to see music, and trying on wayy too many pairs of boots. Both Adam and I would love to have a pair of cowboy boots! Unfortunately, we walked away empty handed.. We will be back!
- The Grand Ole Opry! We decided to go to Nashville last weekend to see Maren Morris debut at the Grand Ole Opry, but found out a few days before that Carrie Underwood would be performing as well! I couldn’t believe it! I saw Carrie Underwood in high school at her Blown Away Tour, and was so happy she stopped by while we were there. Her voice is incredible, and the emotion and passion she puts into her music gave me the chills! Maren Morris was also amazing, and I am excited for her album to come out on June 3rd.
- Braves Game! I feel like we were spoiled in our last few days! Dad took Adam and I to see a Braves game on our last night. In Toronto, going to the Jays game is something we like to do quite often, but in Halifax we don’t have that luxury. When we planned our trip to Atlanta we knew that we had to get to a game! Turner Field is a beautiful stadium, and it was so nice to sit outside for the evening and watch the game!
- Flying home! Last time I flew to Atlanta, I had the craziest WestJet experience! I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t hoping to have the same flight attendants again because they were amazing, but our flight home was still awesome! Somewhere along the way we were upgraded to first class! I don’t know how it happened, and we didn’t even realize it until we stepped on the plane and noticed we were sitting right at the front of the plane. We had free snacks and lots of leg room. 10/10 in my books!
- Halifax! Being back in our own bed after three weeks away is the best feeling in the world. I feel so relaxed and happy to be back in the city, and am ready to get back into a routine! That makes me sound SO boring, but after three weeks of following along with my family’s busy schedule, it is nice to have some freedom to do our own thing. I am excited for the weekend because the weather is supposed to be beautiful and I definitely want to take a trip to the Halifax Seaport Market!
There were so many fun and exciting things that happened this week! As nice as it is to be home, I can’t help but feel sad that I had to leave my family back in Georgia. Even though we stayed for three weeks, I’m still missing some important moments! Yesterday my brother Levi graduated from high school, today is my Dad’s birthday and on June 5th, Bella turns 15! Never a dull moment in our house…
Levi, I know you read my blog to have a laugh, so if you’re reading this now I want you to know that I am so proud of you! Congratulations on your graduation! I am so excited to see what you will do in the future. You have so many gifts and I hope you use them throughout university career. Your world is about to open up before your eyes, and I hope you take chances and grab hold of every opportunity that comes your way. I love you, bud! Keep up the good work, and please do us all a favour and never stop singing! I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to celebrate with you!
How was your week?
Sincerely, Rowan xo