I know we’ve had a few cold days this year already, but none of them have hit me as hard as this one. I have been absolutely freezing all day! It made me think of a few things I like to do to keep myself warm during these endless winter days.
1. Tea. The first thing you should be thinking about on a cold day should always be a hot beverage. My favourite? Earl Grey Vanilla by Tetley with a little bit of milk and honey.
2. Fuzzy socks. I must have circulation issues or something because my hands and feet are always cold. Always. My roommate got me the fuzziest pair of socks for Christmas and they are my favourite snuggly socks to wear on a brutal days like this one.
3. Music. I love putting soft music on in the background.. Even classical music, or something that I don’t really have to focus on too much. I like to listen to Ludovico Einaudi’s piano music. It’s all soft and relaxing.. Ahhhh
4. Candles. I live in an attic room, so it generally feels pretty chilly. I definitely find that lighting candles not only give my room a happy glow, but it also provides some heat as well! Can’t go wrong with a yummy smell either!
5. Blankets. Blankets on blankets on blankets. I love throw blankets and cuddling up in my warm duvet. I don’t think anything else needs to be said.
6. Do something you love. Read a book, catch up on your favourite TV show, sketch… Take a step back and enjoy indulging in the little things that make you happy… That being said…
7. Treat yourself! Maybe you have some chocolate that you’ve been hiding for a rainy day (today’s the day!).. Or instead of your usual tea you feel like a hot chocolate with whipped cream! Love every second of it.
I don’t know what it is about cold days that make me want to forget the world, but that’s where I am right now.
Enjoy the rest of your evening! I’m off to make a cup of tea and settle down with some Gilmore Girls. Happy Sunday!
How do you enjoy even the coldest winter days?